Friday, May 22, 2009

I am thanking God

At 20 weeks with Ethan I was told that there was a kidney issue. I was told that the neonatolist would have to examine the baby, I then had to see a high risk Dr. and I was told the baby would most likey need surgery with mintues of his birth.

Then we were told that he was weaker than most babies and he could not get sick. If he got sick this could really hurt his kindeys. So we were not able to be around anyone who was not fully immunized, so this meant he could not go the girls school. We had to miss out on alot since we could not risk it.

A simple cold sent him to the hospital with pneumonia within less than 48 hours. beacuse of his kidneys, every time he had a fever he had to have his urine checked. Well for a little boy who is not able to pee in a cup, he had to have it taken. If you know what i mean. The boy has no modesty.

Then we were told to wait a year, we would either have to have surgery or we would just have to keep montoring.


Well I know a higher power and this week we went to Ethan's urologist appointment. We got a all clear. We will not need to go back for two years, this is just to make sure it does not return. His kidneys are working fine now, the bladder has made the corrections and everything is flowing well. He will not need any intervention and he can now play and be a normal little boy. In addition since his kindeys are fine now, they think his heart murmur will go away to.

Thank God he is good.

So the only issue we will have now, is how to potty train him.

1 comment:

Kim Cervone said...

I don't think anyone ever LOVED the pain of potty training more, am I right?? Congratulations!!