Mr. Slagle who I had known for 20 years was man that I had great respect for and he felt like a part of my family. And he always treated me as if I were a part of his.Mr. Slagle was not only a grandparent to Chris, but was always one of his best friends. He was very proud of Chris, all that he accomplished, and especially for his Great Granddaughter, Jaiden. The last time that I saw him was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving which was also Chris' birthday. Some of the last words that he said to me was that he was going to get together with Chris, his wife Melissa, and Jaiden during the holiday. He was so excited because he was going to see Jaiden and love on her.
Also, I had the distinct pleasure of spending some quality time with him in the past couple of months because I had been restoring and printing some of his family photos. Each time I went to his house, I planned open time with him because I knew that I was not leaving for at least 1 hour. He would talk about his family, his Harley Davidson, and his swimming accomplishments in high school. He was an excellent swimmer and could have swam at the college level. He would also reminisce about each photo and tell me stories related to the people in the photos. Often, he would even repeat the stories, but it did not matter because you could see the enjoyment in his eyes and the way he told you about the pictures. After I returned the printed pictures, he had a big smile on his face and would explain each picture again. He even allowed me to use his photos for advertising of CABEN Media Solutions and are found on the website.
It was funny because every time I saw him, I would ask how are you doing? He would always respond "Slow motion." So to Mr. Slagle, how are you doing? Slow Motion.
Please pray that the members of the Slagle Family may get through this difficult time!!
3 comments:
Chris,
What a sweet and touching tribute. I am sorry for your & Chris' loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Chris, Missy and the family will be in our prayers. Sounds like he was a wonderful man.
Chris,
The Thompson and Slagle families are in our thoughts and prayers.
What a wonderful tribute to a man we all knew as "Grandpa". He will always be in our lives, and has left a legacy for us to carry on. He will truly be missed.
Post a Comment