Monday, November 10, 2008

Mama has to adjust




Well it has been a very crazy year for all of us. There has been so many changes, and so much growth. The girls have started school, they love it. They love riding the bus, and they are very protective of thier backpacks. They are little people now, they are now talking alot more. This has increased thier social skills. For a long time, the girls were very shy since they could not talk or communicate with people they did not want to be without me or thier dad. This made for alot of screaming and crying. Now the girls leave me and thier dad without saying good bye most of the time. They are now going to into church running, you have to physically stop them from running to put thier name tag on.

The girls are almost completely potty trained. This has been an adventure due to thier attention span issues. They are always on the go, which just means they are really smart and mama is really tired. They would not sit long enough to figure out potty training. Which was really a chore. But we still need help at night, but they are almost completely out of all pull ups during the day.

My little girls are growing up so fast. They now tell me that they are playing and dont need me. Angelina's loves to say, I do it or ill help you. She is the little mama of the crew. She will always tell me when ethan is into something. Now brianna will almost always get ethan in trouble, she is showing him things he should not be doing. Brianna is the one you have to watch. She may not be as loud, but she know what she doing.

Last night I had to come to terms with the fact that my baby, Big Baby ( as his cousin Sean calls him) is growing up. He had to be moved into a big boys bed. We took down his crib last night. (which was made worst by the fact that I was sick). Ethan is so big he is hitting his head on the crib when he is moving around. The part that made me want to move him was, he was getting his fat legs caught in the bars of the crib. I would find him screaming and cry with both of his legs caught in the bars. He would try to get them out, but only hurt himself more. I was afraid he would really hurt himself, so we made the move. My little baby is becoming a little man. And I do understand that he was never really little, but to me he was. Chris and I have come to the decision that Ethan was our last one. So the moving out of the crib was hard. We no longer have babies. I am looking forward to the next steps in our lives, but a part of me misses the last one.

Looking at the last year it has been fun and crazy and little overwheming, but I would not change things. I love my family.


On a happier note, when Ethan saw his bed he ran up and got in it, then he looked at it and started to jump on it. Thank you Brianna, she showed him how to do it. Angelina went to sleep first last night, so Brianna was trying to sleep with Ethan in his new bed. She told me he would be scaried.

1 comment:

Felosak Family said...

Nicole

I know it is hard to adjust to the babies growing up...I can almost feel your pain/anxiety/excitement when I am reading your post. I am glad the girls are doing well. I hope you are all feeling better...we missed you all....I will do it again for Brayden some year.