Friday, March 21, 2008

My friend

Today is ten years since my best friend Loretta passed away. This is a memory day for Angelina, since that is her name sake. I always said to her that she was my Angel. So that is how I came up with her name. She even told me long before I met Chris that I would have twins. I miss her, she never got to see the kids, but she did get to meet Chris before she left us.

Chris wrote her this poem for me when she died. I want to put it her so she will always have a copy of it. This blog is a gift to my children. I want my children to read about thier lives, thier good times and bad and have a place to have thier memories forever in one place.

Sweet Angel of this earth

Sweet Angel of this Earth, you have been taken by forces beyond the control of mere mortals. You were born to bless people with the understanding of how fragile life is. Since, the day that life was given to you, you have touched and grown with God, your family, friends and strangers. The simple action of saying hello has effected each individual profoundly. The touch of your hand has blessed people. The smile on your face has brightened many gloomy situations. You have always had the quality of life that everyone wants, but can never obtain. That quality is "purity". Your purity of body, soul, and mind has and will always touch and influence people. Since you are part of everyone's heart, please do one thing. Please keep touching and smiling for the rest of eternity because you are truly an Angel that has blesses this Earth.

2 comments:

Felosak Family said...

Nicole,
I am sure Loretta is smiling down at your beautiful family and is honored by Angelina being named after her. Nothing we can say or do will make you miss her less, but just remember you can always talk to her because she is forever in you heart. I am sending you a hug over the computer...I hope you feel it. Take care.

Cara

Kim Cervone said...

That is really beautiful,Chris. Nicole, I know that was a hard anniversary for you and your family. I also know that you feel blessed to have had her and she was blessed to have you. Angelina has quite a name to live up to : )
xoxo