Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ethan's Update




We have been to the Dr.s during the last two days. We went to Peds Dr.. Ethan is currently the size of an average size of a 18 month old. He is currently 28 1/2 inches long and 25 lbs and 10 oz.. Ethan got his shots. He is rolling over and eating all of the time. He sleeps through the night and he loves to play with his sisters. The Dr. thinks he is going to have blue eyes. The girls have hazel.
Well we went to the urologist today for the results of the kidney study and to have a bladder study. Then we saw the urologist. Well the studies showed that his bladder is now fine and he will not need any intervention for that.
His kidneys have not improved. I cried a little on the inside, but God will help me. He will not need intervention at this time. We will see the urologist again with full studies in 4 months. This is something he can live with the rest of his life, if it does not get any worse. If it does he will need intervention. I can not even bring myself to write what that intervention would entail. The Dr. explained that Ethan can not be around people or children that are not fully immunized. He also explained that adults and children can be carriers of serious illnesses, if Ethan were to contract even a mild case of something, his kidneys would fail or even worse. He can get colds and flus which just suck for the mama, but more serious illness could result in VERY bad things happening. I know there are people who have their own opinions about immunization, but for my son it is a must.
He is now off his antibiotics. He will need to have blood work and be catherized every time he has a fever. If I am able to keep him without UTIs (urinary tract infections) and serious illnesses, the Dr. said that he can grow up to be a pro football player.
I look at Ethan today and I thank God for him. This is very rare but I know that God has a plan for his life and for this illness. I may never know what that reason is, but I trust that God will take care of us. He blessed us with the Girls, I was told two days before they were born, that one or both may not survive. But look at them now, perfect ACTIVE little girls. I know in my heart that Ethan was be a healthy child and a healthy adult.

No comments: